At Mountain Land, we understand that every patient living with a residual limb after amputation has a unique path to recovery. Our expert Physical Therapists will work with you to understand safe movements and to determine what exercises will work best to achieve your goals. While your life and body may be different after amputation, our team will help to provide interventions to improve strength, range of motion, and function so that you can get back to doing the things you love!
Our Physical Therapy Services for Amputee Therapy Include:
- Evaluation and Assessment: Our therapists will perform a thorough evaluation to assess your physical abilities, range of motion, and strength.
- Gait Training: Our therapists will work with you to improve your gait, balance, and stability. We will also teach you how to use assistive devices such as crutches, walkers, or prosthetic limbs.
- Strength and Conditioning: We will create a customized exercise plan that includes strength and conditioning exercises to improve your overall physical function.
- Pain Management: We use a range of techniques such as manual therapy, dry needling, and soft tissue mobilization to alleviate any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing.
- Education: Our therapists will educate you on proper prosthetic limb care, skin hygiene, and daily habits that can help prevent complications and promote healing.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Training: Our therapists will work with you to develop skills to perform daily activities such as dressing, bathing, and cooking, with or without assistive devices.
- Emotional Support: Our therapists will provide emotional support and counseling to help you cope with the emotional impact of amputation.
Benefits of Amputee Therapy
- Improve gait and function
- Decrease phantom limb pain
- Improve strength and endurance
- Improve range of motion/prevent contractures
- Improve balance and coordination
- Pain management
If you’re an amputee, don’t wait any longer to regain your independence and mobility. Our physical therapy services can help you recover and improve your quality of life. Contact us today to schedule your first appointment.